HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Garden Angel For Inge In The Netherlands







Garden Angel is the first of three "Spirit of Friendship Dolls", I made for my dear friends this year for Christmas. "Garden Angel" has already arrived In Hoorn, Holland and Inge has warmly received her and gave me permission to post a picture for you all to see her.
A bit of History about how Inge and I became friends. In the Spring of 1996 Inge saw that I posted a comment about a quilt I saw on the internet and I think it was a quilt from the Netherlands. Inge can you remember??? vbg Inge wrote me telling me about herself and that was "The Beginning" of a 11 year Friendship. Over the many years our Friendship has grown and in April of 2003 while I was living in Germany I went to visit Inge during the most beautiful time of year when all the fields of "Tulips" are waves of the most gorgeous colors I have ever seen. Inge, DH Jaap, and a good friends of Inge, Mieke took me all over Holland showing me all the highlights of their wonderful country. Wonderful Memories I will always treasure.
In the Spring of 2005 Inge and Jaap came to the states and we all met at the Paducah Quilt Show. For several days we chatted and admired quilts and we even went to a lecture together. We discovered that both our DH were electrician and sooooo they had heaps to chat about too.
When I discovered Spirit of Friendships Dolls and told Inge about them she was very excited about exchanging dolls this year. I received Inge's a a few weeks ago and the above "Spirit of Friendship Doll" is the one I created for Inge. I am soooo happy you love your Spirit Doll Inge.
We will have to see where the other "Two Spirit of Friendships Dolls" I made this year finds their new homes at. vbg




2 comments:

Jo in NZ said...

Judy this doll is just stunning my friend!! Love the face. Did you make this one??
You can very proud of yourself and your dolls. They are beautiful.
XX

Susan said...

Wow, what a gorgeous, gorgeous doll! Lucky Inge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...