HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Circle of Flowers BE Project Finished and Goodies

Hello everyone, I am so very pleased to say that I finished my "first" Brazilian Embroidery project, called "The Circle of Flowers"! The only change I made to the pattern was that I added seed beads to replace the field flower french knots. This project was a bit of a challenge. Even though some of the stitches are the same as in regular embroidery they are always a bit different. Also the Lola BE floss I found a bit frustrating to work with because it likes to twist allot. I love the shiny look of all the BE flosses and the dimensional look of all the stitching gives to a project. I have been working on this project since February, I think. LOL I made a couple of mistakes but I let them go to remind me that this kind of stitching takes lots of patience and is not a piece of cake to learn. The original pattern was plain in the center so I added 2 dragonflies and 1 butterfly tatted motifs which were beautifully created by "Wendy in Singapore and her blog is called, Umi N Tsuru". I think they brighten up the whole piece.

While I was at the Paducah Quilt Show I bought some more BE flosses to add to my stash along with some hand dyed Silk Ribbons in my favorite colors of pinks and purples and greens. I bought them at a really neat quilt shop called "Quilter's Alley". This shop is in a house across from the convention center. I was so very surprised when I walked in the shop and found a huge selections of fabrics and everything else under the sun including BE floss. I have never seen BE flosses at a quilt shop ever. I ask about how they came to have BE supplies and the lady told me the owner loved to do BE and hence all the supplies. To say the least I was thrilled with my find. Today is a very lovely and sunny day here in Michigan. A day that brings a big smile to your face. Enjoy your weekend and your week.

Hugs,

14 comments:

Jane said...

Wow Judy, the BE is stunning, absolutely beautiful

Unknown said...

That wreath you stitched is lovely and Wendy's tatted dragonflies are the perfect touch! Your stash looks totally drool-worthy! :)

Heather said...

Judy, you wreath is absolutely beautiful... it pays to take your time and use a doodle cloth, something I didn't do, I do believe yours looks much better than mine. Wonderful job! Ooooh, lovely threads and ribbons.... isn't it great when you find such special treasures, VBG!

Cathy said...

Judy, your Circle of Flowers is absolutely stunning! YOU GO, GIRL!! Is there anything that you can't do? LOL...... I agree with you that working with the BE threads is hard, but the results are so worth it. I'm so proud of you for learning this! Love and hugs, Cathy

Art4Sol said...

This one is very special....
Do you have a favorite on-line supplier of silk ribbon? I may be branching out into the world of crazy quilting.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Jane, Thank you soo very much for the lovely comment on my BE project. Hugs Judy

Hello Tatting Chic, Thanks for taking the time to leave your very nice comment for me to read. Yes, My BE stash is building. VBG Hugs Judy

Hello Heather, Thank for visiting and leaving your nice comment. No, I do not think my BE project is stitched better than yours. YOURS was very lovely too. Yup, I love coming upon shops with special and unusal treasures. Just love it. LOL Hugs Judy

Hello Cathy, Nice to have you stop by and thanks for your sweet comment on the BE project. Greatly appreciated.

Hello Darlene, I buy from soo many different places but I will email you a list soon. Thanks for taking the time to leave your nice message. Hugs Judy

Laurette said...

Hi, Judy,
Your circle of flowers is woderful. I certainly like what you add on in the center. It gives it another look,ab=nd it is different. It is certainly you.
Laurette.

jeannie said...

Oh Judy , this is beautiful! So many different stitches and lots of colours, it's lovely. Whats the stitch you've used for the blue flower?
Hugs Jeannie

Jacq said...

Your Brazilian Embroidery work beautiful.I dabbled in BE about 25 years ago and really enjoyed doing it.

Acornmoon said...

Such delicate work, I love the dragonflies in the middle.

To answer your question about the bluebells, I think that you could dig up a clump and transplant but I am not sure if they are protected, in fact I think they may be. It is also supposed to be bad luck.

Some cultivated hyacinths sort of revert back to this form after many years, I have some of those in my garden.

Cheryl said...

Your circle of flowers is a delight to behold. I'm also working on my first BDE piece and and enjoying it immensely

Anonymous said...

How beautiful that is! Love your purchases, too. If I ever get there, I'll try out that place. Looks like they could feed me lots of good stuff!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Susan, Thanks for visiting and leaving your kind message. Other places to buy BE threads are JDR and Nordic Needle. Hugs Judy

Hello Cheryl, thanks for your lovely comment and I look forward to seeing your first finished BE project too. Hugs Judy

Hello Valerie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your delightful message for me to read. Hugs Judy

Hello Jacq. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind message. I would love to see your BE projects too. Hugs Judy

Hello Jeannie, thanks for your very kind comment on my BE project. The Blue flower is Is A "Detached Buttonhole Stitch" in shades of baby blue. Actually I found it the most difficult of all them to do. Hugs Judy

Hello Laurette, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comment. I look forward to seeing your BE project too. Hugs Judy

MOMENTS Designs said...

The circle of flowers is beautiful !!
You did a great job ! Love it, love it, love it!!
Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...