HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tatting,Spring In My Gardens,Lovely Grandchildren

While at the Paducah Quilt Show this past Spring I decided to look for some good instructional books on tatting. My good friend Judi found this vendor and share her location with me. The shop is called "Zig-Zag Corner" from Greenfield, IN. She had a whole section dedicated to tatting. To my great surprise she also carried the new lovely tatting thread called Lizabeth. I bought all my favorite colors, aren't they all lovely? The one book called "Learn to Tat" has a DVD included in it so I am hoping this will greatly improve my chances to learn how to tat. I am very excited about these new purchases and I am hoping after the busy summer and my new supplies I will finally learn how to tat. Wish me luck. vbg

This is a photo of my lovely grand daughter Chloe napping after a busy morning of being at her cousin's birthday party. She is such a sweet big girl. She is 3 years old. she is laying on the blanket that "Grandma Judy" made for her.


This is a lovely photo of my grandson Ethan playing under his new picnic table we bought him for his birthday. Ethan is now 4 years old. Isn't he a real sweetie. Love that smile and those beautiful eyes.

This is one of the lovely bushes growing next to our garage, but I have no idea its name but it is truly beautiful. Maybe someone will know the name and let me know. Thanks.

The above photo is of my gardens that we look upon from our sun room. Not a lot of color yet but there will soon be. The Red Bud tree is now in full bloom.

This is my new Hosta Garden as of last Autumn. This Spring I added the White Bleeding Heart, and some Japanese Ferns. I finally found a home for the antique milk can and tub I brought home with me from Germany. I just bought some pansy to add to the tub which I think will really brighten up the Hosta Garden.

This is one section of my front garden with my lovely pink fringed Tulips blooming.

This past weekend I bought three white Bleeding Hearts and two pink ones. This one is planted under my Maple Tree in my shade garden which I also started last summer.

This pink Bleeding Heart is also in my new shade garden. I hope you enjoyed the wee tour of my Spring Garden. I wish everyone a Very Happy and Safe Memorial Day weekend.


Hugs,

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You have beautiful grandchildren and a lovely garden!

Hope that book helps you learn to tat! That is very cool that you found a shop that had a tatting section!

Enjoy the Lizbeth thread. It only comes in size 20, which is a very nice size. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it and it's probably used most by many tatters. If you find out that you need something bigger for learning then try size 10...some people find that helps to have a bigger size so they can see they thread better and manipulate it easier when learning.

Laurette said...

Hi, Judy,
The thread is beautiful and I envy you,the color are gorgeous as well.
You certainly have beautiful grand children. Lucky you to have a garden already,here we had a lot of snow last night.It will be quite awhile before we can get working in the garden
Take care
Laurette.

Nancy G said...

What a beautiful family you have! Your garden is lovely...thank you for sharing it! You will love that book, its one of my favorites. Lizbeth thread is awesome...but like everything else, its a matter of preference. Size 10 is a good thread to start with and practice, practice, practice with. *smile*

Art4Sol said...

Your garden is looking wonderful....
Good luck with the tatting.

Maggie R said...

Judy I think the bush beside your garage is called a flowering cherry??? We have some too on our property. They are so pretty..
The tatting thread looks lovely.
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Everyone, Please forgive my absent I have been soooooo very busy.

Tatting Chic, Yes, I am soo very proud of my grandchildren. They are both sweeties.

Thanks for the information on the tatting threads and your encouraging words to learn how to do it.

Hello Laurette, Thanks for taking the time to leave your lovely comment. I hope by now your snow is long gone. Hugs Judy

Hello Nancy, Nice to have you stop by and leave your nice comment. Thanks also for the information on tatting. I do not plan to let tatting defeat me. I am determined to learn. VBG Hugs Judy

Hello Darlene, Thanks for taking the time to leave me your kind message and your good wishes on how to learn tatting. Hugs Judy

Hello Maggie, Soooo great to hear from you. Thanks for the information on the bush. Much apprecitated. I wish you leave near enough sooo we could learn how to tat together. Hugs Judy

Maureen said...

Judy your garden is looking good, hope that spray works to stop your plants being eaten, please let us know how it goes.

Karen said...

oh my goodness, this blog is so pretty and I cannot believe how beautiful your work is. The circle of flowers is especially gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...