HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Sunday, April 14, 2013

LOVELY TATTED SEA SHELL DOILY, BY THE SEA CROCHET BOWL, ETIMO ROSE CROCHET HOOKS and STASH BUSTER CHALLENGE


Hello Everyone, Happy Spring..

Our Spring this year has been very undecided and whimsical indeed. Just when we think it is going to get warmer snow flakes fall from the sky. Grrrrr..


On a more happier note I received a surprise in the mail last week...

 Wendy my long time Dear  Friend from Singapore sent me a birthday pressie. Wendy's lovely blog is called
 "Umi & Tsuru"..  The tatted Sea Shell Doily came in a lovely flowery envelope.. Inside was a very lovely and delicate tatted "Sea Shell" Doily... Thank you Wendy for such a lovely and thoughtful gift...

 How did Wendy know that I keep singing this song "By The Sea", By The Sea, By the Beautiful Sea",  in my head all of the time for over a year now..This song just seems to stay with me. Strange, Hey??


So since January I have been creating wee things with By The Sea in mine.

I have made many Tyvek Beads with the Sea and Sand colors... I been gifted some lovely Sea Glass and Sea Shells to embellish my creations... 

I bought the above beautiful Plymouth Encore Colorspun Yarn because I thought all the waves of colors in it looked like that of the Sea.. ( Color # 7747)..  I bought the yarn at Nautical Yarns in Ludington, Mi.  


This yarn shop is pretty close to my home so I visit it often... It has 3 room full of glorious yarns..


 I am not very creative when it come to crocheting yet... vbg  I need patterns and most of the time photo tutorial which really help me allot. 

I have to thank Tammy at " T's Daily Treasures"   for her posting  a week ago.. Tammy's lovely wee gift bag with Starfish was very inspirational..


Pretty crocheted Starfish..and Sea Shells with lovely sparkling beads..


I made a crocheted bowl... Oh how I love to embellish... So I added starfish and Seashells...with bling...inside and out..


Then I added the sea and sand Tyvek Beads.. All the beads were a different size and color too..
I had 3 Starfish made and they were all different shade of blue of the Sea from the lovely Yarn..

What do you all think of My "By The Sea" crochet bowl??


I recently discovered Edda from Iceland and her very lovely blog called 
"Hvitar Rosir"...Edda creates some very very beautiful and creative crochet items.  You must visit her sometime..

 During my visit I discovered some very exquisite "Pink" crochet hooks Edda had pictured...

I am a passionate Pink Person...  I instantly fell in love with them.. I had never seen them before anywhere so they must be fairly new???

I went searching for these lovely shades of Pink crochet hooks and found them at Amazon..  Good Old Amazon..  LOL

They came in only 4 days. Huge Very Big Smile..  

They are not only beautiful but like heaven to crochet with... I highly recommend them.. 


Click Here to read about the "Stash-Buster Challenge" and  the
 April Link Party..
Thanks to Linda and Ana for this wonderful idea. Greatly appreciated. 



Beautiful hand crocheted Rugs..I reckon a rug might be on the list of thing to make...

What do you think?? 

Linking to Mosaic Monday..

Thanks to everyone who visits My Blog.. Your comments are always most welcome and appreciated.

Have a Lovely week.
Hugs Judy

39 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

I have crocheted a couple of rugs...my advice get a LARGE hook to do it with. Love the bowl and I will be checking out those pink hooks!
Deb

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Judy!
Your By The Sea bowl is really cute! Love that yarn, too.

I hope you like crocheting rugs. It's very different as you use such large hooks and have to pull the stitches with your arm rather than your hand, but it's really fast. I've, actually, been working on an oval one for my kitchen for about a week. I'm taking pictures and hope to post a lil tutorial about it on my blog soon. (What a co-inky dink, huh?) :)

We are nearly bypassing spring and heading for summer - been in the 80's already. Hope spring stays put for you soon.

Have a great week!

Mosaic Magpie said...

I went over to the link with the pink crochet hooks...they look wonderful...did they come with the case?

Lilac Haven said...

Everything you posted is quite lovely and the yarn shop looks like heaven.

Shirley said...

Hi Judy, The crochet rugs make me think about my mother who made a lot of them. One was made out of plastic sacks to catch the dirt as we would come in from the outdoors. You were amazed at how much it would catch. I like your by the sea bowl. All of the colors are so pretty. Have a wonderful week. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

margaret said...

your crochet is coming along well and look forward to seeing lots of pink crochet!What an amazing store, is it just wool or does it sell embroidery and patchwork too, I would be moving in if it as near me!

Jane said...

I love your sea bowl, beautifully embellished as usual

Edda SoffĂ­a said...

Hey, your "by the sea" bowl is so cute, I love it. That would be a fun thing to make. My daughter lives by the beach in VA and I am going there in the summer, I really should make her one like it. ;)
Don't you just love the crochet needles, I do so love mine, and it is so good to work with.
Thank you for mention my blog in your post, you are so kind.
Hugs from cold Iceland

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You are a talented lady and even though I don't crochet, I find the pink hooks in the case lovely.

Quayceetatter said...

Wendy is a beautiful tatter and lucky you to receive a beautiful tatted doily from her!! Love the crocheted bowl, I have wove many of them with my homespun yarn. I have not yet done the crocheted rugs. Have braid, wove, and another type similar to crochet with a funny hook. Looks like you will be busy with all that stash!! Happy Spring! Linda in NM

Jannibele said...

Alll your things are so pretty. Such a dear friend you have in Singapore. Thanks for Your nice comments on my post:)

Heather said...

Judy, I love everything "sea" too... if I knitted or crochet, that little shop would be to die for, lucky you that you live so close to it. Hugs.

Suztats said...

Your By-The-Sea bowl looks wonderful! Must be nice to have a LYS. Of course, if I did, I'd likely be broke..... :-D

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Judy, You are just too creative. I love the ocean and seashells --and everything having to do with the sea!!!!! Love your crochet bowl with starfish and shells... Awesome!!!!

Nice doily from your friend... wow!!!!

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Things and Thoughts said...

Thank you so much for your lovely words in the mail.I'm so glad you like sea posts, my new one is relative too. Your blog is also very beautiful and interesting. I will pop over very often !
Pleased to find you!
Olympia

Anonymous said...

Wow ! such beautiful work to see in your lovely photography for HMB ~ Wonderful! ~ like the rug hanging on the wall ~ unique look ~ ^_^

Hilde said...

What a lovely gift you received from your friend! The by the sea bowl turned out beautifully, I really love it :) Wonderful crochet work and very creative.

Olga Poltava said...

What a lovely doily! And what a fun yarn shop. I would love to visit a shop like that.

Down by the sea said...

Judy,
What beautiful items have been created using the theme of the sea, love them!
Sarah x

Umintsuru said...

Dear Judy, I am so glad the seashell doily works in your lovely decor. Love your crocheted bowl. You are doing very well with crochet.

Country Maison (Eva Martin) said...

Dear Judy,
thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment.
Now, you have me looking for that movie Cross Creek ! I want to watch it !

You are lucky to have such a nice yarn shop close to home ! I do have one but it is just the right distance away not to be temped too often :-)

A crochet rug is also in my already huge to-do list,

Take care,
xEva

Anonymous said...

Hello Judy your by the sea items are very lovely indeed, how did you get the curve in the star fish just very clever I think.the embellishment beads are very attractive also, you are indeed avery busy lady in the craft room and also in your garden.
hugs
Lyn in Melbourne AU

Vagabonde said...

Looking at your post reminded me that I better buy some yarn and get busy knitting or crocheting a baby blanket for my upcoming 4th grandchild (a girl) due in May. I am not a fancy knitter or crocheter – I just go along the way I learnt way back in France when I was a wee girl. I have made 4 blankets each for my 3 grandsons (one for the house, one for the daycare and two as small car blankets) but always in combination of blue tones – it’s nice to use pink for a change. Thanks for coming to my blog and leaving a comment.

Carola Bartz said...

I love the crochet seastar bowl - how neat! It has just the right colors, and your embellishments are beautiful. Very well done, Judy!

Rustic Vintage Country said...

I love your By the Sea bowl! Suzy x

Bonnie said...

What a cute Bowl. And the tatting is exquisite. I crocheted rugs when I was a girl but have been braiding them lately. And I love your yarn store...it's charming.

Mom E. said...

Judy,
These are all so beautiful! from the lovely tatted shell doily to the bowl...I love the Tyvek beads....I haven't seen those before, what a great idea! It looks like you are really having fun with your crocheting! I am glad you have such an amazing shop near you. It is always so nice to have an inspiring yarn shop nearby. You will never guess where one of our favorite yarn shops is....in Seadside, Oregon, at the beach! It is a must visit place each summer when we go to the beach for a family vacation. Thanks for visiting my blog...I Love your blog, it is so pretty and calming to me. Your stitchery is impeccable....I really should do some more stitching....my first creative love....
Heaerts to you.
Betsy

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Beautiful crochet Judy and I love your 'by the sea theme'. I'd definitely love to visit your local yarn shop too...it looks wonderful! Love the crocheted rugs,
Happy Weekend,
Susan x

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a sweet friendship gift! I am loving my 'seashells' and now I need to try to make a bowl! I think they are perfect stitched on the bowl and I could keep some real seashells inside. You have so many ideas and you're so talented. You always inspire me....I'm so glad we are friends! Sweet hugs, Diane

Doni said...

Hello Judy!!! I am so tickled to have you visit me! As you can see I am also your newest follower and looking forward to getting to know you. Already I like what I see! And I must agree with you...those pink crochet hooks look like I might NEED them ;P
Thanks so much for your sweet comment.
Hugs and blessings,
Doni

Sunny Simple Life said...

Amazing what can be made with yarn these days. I can see why you love that shop. Textile Heaven. Thanks so much for sharing it all with us.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I've taken the Badger from Ludington to Wisconsin to visit a friend before. My aunt and cousins are in Spring Lake/Grand Haven which is only a little over an hour away. I'm glad I could inspire you to make that pretty starfish bowl. The color is just lovely. And those hooks are looking pretty snazzy! Have a great day. Tammy

Dianne said...

Hi Judy, your crocheting is going from strength to strength. The starfish are amazing. It is unbelievable what people come up with to use crochet. So versatile! You will be crocheting up madly with your fab new pink hooks. Happy hooking, Di. xxx

Jen said...

Hi Judy,

I love the nautical and seaside themed crochet in this post - so cute! Hope you are still getting on ok with your Something Pretty blanket.

Jen

tales from a handmade home said...

That's such a pretty seaside crochet bowl Judy, the colour is perfect.............your crochet projects are delicious and pretty fabulous for a beginner.
Kim x

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Such a nice post full of lots of lovely pictures. The tatted doily looks wonderful and all your By The Sea crocheting looks great. I recently started painting and melting Tyvek and I really like your Tyvek beads :)

Solstitches said...

What a lovely post Judy and you can keep on singing By the Sea as much as you like for me because anything to do with the ocean makes my heart sing.
I love the pretty crochet bowl you made embellished with the starfish.
I would be in heaven to visit that yarn shop. What a fabulous name!
Lovely tatted doily from your friend.
Hugs,
Margaret

Acornmoon said...

Hi Judy, I have enjoyed catching up with your blog, it has such a happy feel.

Astri said...

I love that encore yarn..can't go wrong with blue! The items from the sea are lovely Judy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...