HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Fabric Post Cards

This holiday season I did not get much done in the creative department. But I did make two wool felted post cards to swap with good friends. Inge from Holland wool felted this lovely snowman post card for me. He is outlined with sparkling silver thread and had a very cute button nose. Inge did some stippling all over the card and then added some neat silver snow flakes in the sky. Thank you so much Inge. I will add this card to my fabric poster board in my sewing room along with all the others you have sent to me. I love them all.


I wool felted this post card for Inge and I called it "Poinsettia". I embellished it with all different kinds of embroidery flosses to make it sparkle.


This fabric post card was created by Heather my new friend from Northern Canada. Heather told me she first drew the picture with pencil and then re-created it with thread. The name of this post card is called, "Waiting For Christmas"! The detail of the embroidery stitches are very fine. Indeed the work of a professional artist. This is the first fabric post card that Heather has ever made. Thank you so much Heather for the lovely post card it will also go on the fabric poster board right next to Inge's PC. I love them both.


This wool felted post card, I made for Heather and I called it "Christmas Silver Bells". I used some silk ribbon embroidery to try and create pine cones. I also used several different kinds of embroidery flosses and beads on it to make it sparkle. I truly enjoyed creating these two wool felted post cards for the swap with Inge and Heather.
It is when two such "Kindred Spirits" discover one another..... that Friendship is born. And instantly they stand together in an immense solitude. I am so very fortunate to have "Kindred Spirits" in my life.
Hugs Judy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These are all very cute! The recipients are very lucky!

Genie said...

Hi Judy
some beautiful work!

Nancy G said...

Judy, Thank you for sharing this beautiful work. What a wonderful thing we have...the internet. Even when we live miles and miles away...sometimes an ocean apart...we are but a click away!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello TattingChic, Thanks I always enjoy receiving your nice comments.

Yes Jean, I think that Inge and Heather did a lovely job of creating their PC.

HiMiss Nancy, I agree it is a fantastic things having the internet to share with others around the world.
Hugs Judy

Gayle said...

The postcards are beautiful...and I especially enjoyed all the detail in your Silver Bells postcard...gorgeous!

Solstitches said...

Gorgeous postcards both given and received. As the proud owner of one of your lovely postcards I know just how special they are.
Hugs,
Margaret

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Gayle, Thanks for your visit and your lovely comment about Silver bells. Hugs Judy

Hi Margaret, Thanks for leaving your nice comment and I am glad you are still enjoying Provence. Hugs Judy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...