HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Oglala Beaded Seam TX and Rose


DH and I went for a drive along our Lake Michigan Shoreline a couple days ago and we finally saw some lovely signs of "Spring" trying to arrive in Western Michigan. The Ice has finally started breaking-up enough to allowed the weeeeeee stream to start flowing again to the small lake on the other side of the road.

I am participating in the "CQI Monthly Challenge"and this month we are beading. I finished the Oglala Beaded Seam Treatment and Rose Motif on the label I plan to use on the CQ of My Dreams.

My Friend Leslie, taught me how to create this Very Lovely Oglala Beaded Stitch over the telephone. She used this beaded stitch on the wonderful Spirit Doll she created for me for Christmas. I love this beaded stitch because to me it looks like lace. A bit of history about the Oglala Beaded Stitch. It was named for the beadworkers of the Lakota Nation in South Dakota. It is also called "Ruffled Lace".

2 comments:

Bear said...

CJ
wot a beautiful stitch this is- I have not heard of it before but my its very much like lace isnt it??
and your Rose motif is gorjas as well- this is really a beautiful seam
love n hugs bear xooxoxoxxoxo

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Bear, I could not find your email addy sooo I just wanted to say Thank You for your nice comment about the beaded lace stitch and the rose. Greatly appreciated. Judy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...