HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Day Trip



Friday DH and I decided a "Get-Away-Weekend" was long overdue. When chatting with a new friend Judi she told me that they were also heading off too on the same day and believe or not we were both heading to the same place!!! The Stitching Well in Bay City, Michigan. Can you believe??? We arrived within a few minutes of each other. I had 3 1/2 hours drive and Judi had 2 1/2 hours drive to this largest Thread Shop in Michigan. Amazing how far one will drive for "Lovely Flosses" which I reckon shows the dedication of Passionate Crazy Quilters!!! Judi and I were exploring the Stitching Well for 2 1/2 hours which only seemed like minutes. Our DH sat outside and chatted away.. Not once did our DH's conplain. What a wonderful experience it is to go shopping with a friend that is "Crazy" too!!! The above first pic are treasures I came home with. After our shopping spree we all went to the Chicago Bar & Grill for a nice meal with lots more chatting. When I had a look at the time it was already 4PM I was shocked where did the time go??? Judi and her DH went off to find another thread shop and then they were heading home. DH and I were off for more adventures Up North. The second above Picture are of the lovely flosses I found at a shop called the The Bristly Thistle in Petoskey www.bristlythistle.com I would love to learn Brazilian Embroidery sooo I can add it to my first CQ I plan to start in the Fall. So hence the new book and unique threads. I also found a "Victorian 2008 Calendar" at a book store which included some Victorian Post cards, Day Planner and Freestanding Year-at-a-Glance desktop calendar. Such a neat calendar. Thanks Judi and Ted for making our "Get-Away Weekend" even more special.

1 comment:

piney cq said...

OMG!!!! Girl!!!! You DID have some fun!!! LOL!!! I have a friend that is a shop owner specializing in Brazilian embroidery....so i've taken some of her classes! Wonderful stuff! I have some small patterns that I started with that I can share if you would like? Regardless....congrats on ALL that beautiful stuff! You will definately be having fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...