HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Sunday, July 6, 2008

My First Two Dotee Dolls




The above photos are the first two "Dotee Dolls" I have ever created. I was motivated to make these Dotee Dolls for a swap I joined on Cloth Doll on Stitchin Fingers. The original creator Dot of Australia has a wonderful tutorial and a lovely blog called, Dot's Life and Art.

The first Dotee Doll on the left is called Hearts and Roses. I used 100% wool felt as the fabric for her face. Then I used beads for her eyes. I also used Kreinik Metallics Thread to embroidery her mouth and to stitch her onto the rose fabric. I used hand dyed Silk Ribbon to create her roses and leaves. I beaded all the around her wee body and gave her a beaded tassel and a beaded chain for hanging her up.

The second Dotee Doll on the right is called "Rays of Sunshine". She has taken on a bit different shape which I think I like best. My Dear Husband drew her face and I embroidery it with hand dyed embroidery floss. I also used hand dyed silk ribbon to give her "Rays Of Sunshine". I gave her some wee daisy beads. She also has a beaded tassel and beaded chain so she can be hung. I really did enjoy creating these two Dotee Dolls and I hope to create many more.





9 comments:

Jane said...

These are gorgeous,look really jolly. Can see how you can have such great fun creating them

Bex said...

Lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful ! Love the yellow one... it reminds me of the song: "You are my sunshine", even though it is a daisy... :-).

Anonymous said...

Judy these are just delightful, my favourtie is Hearts & Roses, too sweet.
hugs
Lyn

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello, Miss 376, Rebecca, Monika and Lyn for visiting my blog. Much appreciated. Thanks for the nice comments on My First Dotee Dolls they were lovely to read. Hugs Judy

Ati said...

Judy, they look lovely and funny :)

abeadlady said...

Those are real sweeties, Judy. I haven't made one yet. Guess I'd better get busy. LOL.

Arline

Solstitches said...

Judy,
How fun are these little dollies?
They make me smile with their sweet faces.
I love to see the things you make.
Hugs,
Margaret

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Ati, Margaret and Arline, Yup those Dotee, do make you smile I reckon that is why sooo many love making them. Thanks for visiting my blog. Always wonderful to read your messages on my blog. Hugs Judy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...