Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Vintage Sparkling Beads from NYC


I just wanted to share with you all my great find of Vintage Beads I found in a bead shop in Traverse City. I was told that the Vintage Rock looking beads were found in a old warehouse in New York City. The shop owner told me they dated back between 1920 and 1950. I could not resist buying them because I loved how they sparkled and reflected several shades of blues.

The smaller beads are called "Twister Beads" and are also shiny pearl looking type beads that came in irregular shapes. I bought several different colors in these beads to use on my first totally beaded Mermaid Doll which progress is slow at the moment.

6 comments:

Mieke said...

Wow,they are beautiful!!

Rengin Yazitas said...

Oh, they are so nice...I'm looking forward to see them on your mermaid doll.

crooked heart art~tammy said...

mmmmm yummy judy!!
the larger ones look like opals
i bet they are even prettier in person-can't wait to see your mermaid-don't ya just love vintage stuff!
tammy

Susan said...

Love those rock looking ones! Those would be fun on anything.

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Judy, don't you know that the best is always saved for last?

Stop by, there is someone who wants to meet you. :) xo, Monica

kristen said...

Judy,

Don't know how I missed these, but those rock-looking beads are gorgeous! I love vintage beads, and am thrilled for you as you got some good ones :)
That's the best part of treasure hunting...

Kristen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...