HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Friday, January 18, 2008

Enchanted Gallery Clay Faces



This past week I found time to play with my newly purchased "The Enchanted Gallery" Face molds. I think they are absolutely fantastic and very easy to use. I used Sculpey Polymer Clay to create the clay faces because it is a soft clay and easy to work with in these soft molds. I used two different color of clay, Translucent and Pearl. The top row of faces are made with the Translucent color clay and the bottom with the Pearl. I painted them all with PearlEx Pigment Powder by Jacquard before baking.

The second picture was a gift from the owner of The Enchanted Gallery Molds. A nice surprise and greatly appreciated. Thanks

The bottom picture is of the actual molds. The face molds are very creative and I love all the extra features like roses, dragonflies, and butterflies that are included with the faces. I plan to use them on the Spirit of Friendship Dolls I create and on my Crazy Quilts.

A Tutorial For Making Polymer Clay Faces are in my Old Posts.

11 comments:

Christina said...

You have done a really terrific job on the Enchanted Gallery faces that you have made and all your hours of painting the finished faces is certainly well worth it - they are absolutely beautiful. Such a shame we can't get these moulds in England.

Maggie R said...

Judy these are gorgeoso!!!! I hope your back is feeling rested by now!
You will have fun using them.
((((hugs))))
Maggie.

Jane said...

Hi Judy, These are beautiful! I think what sets them apart is the lateral/cameo view. It gives the faces so much more dimension and depth... thanks for sharing them. You are onto something good with these!

Jo in NZ said...

Judy, what great faces, and you do such a great job of colouring them...secrets you must share with us sometime...
Good to see you back again.
XX

Lin Moon said...

Those are such gorgeous faces! What did you use to paint them?

Noel said...

Judy, your faces turned out beautiful. No wonder you back hurts...that takes time to paint the PearlEx on like that! Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs,
Noel

Mary S said...

Hi Judy....I love these faces you have created so much.. the soft pearly look is gorgeous. I now have a few pearlx powders but didnt really know what to do with them, so that was interesting...paint them on before you bake.
Nice work..hope your back has recovered ;-)
Mary S

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Everyone, Thanks for visiting my blog. Thank you all very much for all the nice comments about the Polymer Clay Faces by Enchanted Gallery. Greatly appreciated. Hugs Judy

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

You certainly did a beautiful job with these faces. Gorgeous and so feminine.

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

hi judy
ohh so very very beautiful!!
they will make lovely brooches and look great on CQ's!
tammy

piney cq said...

Goodness, you'e just taking off with your Sculpey adventures! I have some of these molds as well! VERY creative! Love what you're up to! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...